From 12 August 2022, inbound travellers from overseas places or Taiwan are subject to compulsory quarantine in a designated quarantine hotel for 3 days, followed by medical surveillance for 4 days. Please click here for more information.
The Tin Hau Temple in Lam Tsuen, along with two nearby wishing trees, attracts visitors to this part of Tai Po, which has been a residential area for about 700 years. The temple was built during the reign of Emperor Qianlong (1736–1796) of the Qing dynasty. The main palace of the two-hall structure is dedicated to Tin Hau, Godess of the Sea, while on one side of the main palace stands Man Mo Hall, dedicated to both the God of Literature (Man) and the God of War (Mo). On the other side is the Temple for Justice, built in honour of 12 noble-hearted men who protected the Lam Tsuen villages during less peaceful times.
*** Due to the current health precautions, some attractions and facilities may be temporarily closed or have special operating hours in place. Please check with their respective websites before you visit. ***