The Hong Kong Zoological and Botanical Gardens is the oldest park in the territory. Built in 1860 and partially opened in 1864, they were completed in 1871. The gardens, with an area of 5.6 hectares, are divided into eastern and western parts by Albany Road. These are connected by a pedestrian subway. The eastern part, known as the Old Garden, comprises the children’s playground, aviaries, a greenhouse and the fountain terrace garden. It is also home to birds such as the American flamingo, Bali mynah, Hawaiian goose and red-crowned crane. The western part, or the New Garden, is mainly home to mammals, including the Bornean orangutan, buff-cheeked gibbon, emperor tamarin and raccoon, as well as reptiles like the elongated tortoise and spurred tortoise.