From 12 August 2022, inbound travellers from overseas places or Taiwan are subject to compulsory quarantine in a designated quarantine hotel for 3 days, followed by medical surveillance for 4 days. Please click here for more information.
Western Market, renovated in 1991 and converted into a shopping complex, is an Edwardian-style building featuring shops selling arts and crafts, and fabric merchants who were originally located in the old alleys of Central. Completed in 1906, the impressive building has a red brick exterior with a handsome granite arch over its entrance and attractive ‘bandaged’ brickwork. The building is actually a north block extension of a larger market complex that was in operation from the 19th century. It was built on a site formerly occupied by the Harbour Office, which moved to a larger building in Central to cope with its growing workload.