- 323 Des Voeux Road Central, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong Island
- +852 6029 2675
Western Market, renovated in 1991 and converted into a shopping complex, is an Edwardian-style building featuring shops selling arts and crafts, and fabric merchants who were originally located in the old alleys of Central. Completed in 1906, the impressive building has a red brick exterior with a handsome granite arch over its entrance and attractive ‘bandaged’ brickwork. The building is actually a north block extension of a larger market complex that was in operation from the 19th century. It was built on a site formerly occupied by the Harbour Office, which moved to a larger building in Central to cope with its growing workload.