- Tai O, Lantau Island, Outlying Islands
Tai O Stilt Houses
- Please select
- The Big Buddha and Po Lin Monastery
- Cheung Sha Beach and Pui O Beach
- Discovery Bay
- Dolphin Watching Tour
- Hong Kong Disneyland
- Lantau Peak
- Local Specialty Market at Tai O
- Mui Wo and Silvermine Bay Beach
- Ngong Ping 360
- Ngong Ping Piazza
- Sunset Peak
- Tai O Cultural Workshop
- Tai O Dragon Boat Water Parade
- Tai O Heritage Hotel (Old Tai O Police Station)
- Tai O Rural Committee Historic & Cultural Showroom
- Tai O Stilt Houses
- Wisdom Path
- Yim Tin Mangrove Forest
Tai O is home to the Tanka people, a community of fisher folk who’ve built their houses on stilts above the tidal flats of Lantau Island for generations. These unusual structures are interconnected, forming a tightly-knit community that literally lives on the water. Their enchanting world is a photographer's paradise.
A new manually operated drawbridge spans the narrow creek that divides the town, replacing an old-fashioned rope-drawn ‘ferry’ that operated for over 85 years.
- MTR Tung Chung Station. Take bus 11 to Tai O bus terminus (the journey takes approximately 50 minutes.) Walk for around five minutes to the Rope-drawn Ferry Bridge and then take a stroll along the waterfront.
- MTR Tung Chung Station Exit B. Take Ngong Ping cable car to Ngong Ping Village (approx 25 minutes). Take bus 21 to Tai O terminus (approx 20 minutes) and walk for around five minutes to the Rope-drawn Ferry Bridge and then take a stroll along the waterfront.