My Hong Kong Guide is a new fun, interactive and collaborative trip planning tool. Would you like to take a short survey to help us make it even better? Thanks!
- International | English
- Australia | English
- Canada | English
- 中国內地 | 简体中文
- France | Français
- Deutschland | Deutsch
- India | English
- Indonesia | Bahasa Indonesia
- 日本 | 日本語
- 대한민국 | 한국어
- Malaysia | Bahasa Malaysia
- Nederland | Dutch
- New Zealand | English
- Россия | русский
- Southeast Asia | English
- España / América Latina | Español
My Hong Kong Guide is a new fun, interactive and collaborative trip planning tool. Would you like to take a short survey to help us make it even better? Thanks!
Awards and Achievements
Hong Kong and the Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB) regularly receive awards and accolades from the international media and the travel industry. Below is a selection of the most recent awards.
HKTB won a silver award in the “Campaigns” category of Astrid Awards 2014 for the ‘Hold My Hand’ promotional campaign.
HKTB has won two awards in the 2013/2014 Mercury Awards, organised by MerComm, including:
- 2013 Visa go Hong Kong Super Shopper: Silver Award in the ‘Special Events’ category
- ‘Hold my Hand in Hong Kong’ : Bronze Award in the ‘DVDs/Video: Travel/Tourism’ category
A survey conducted by Korea Travel News, a leading Asian travel industry journal, voted HKTB’s Seoul office as the Best National Tourism Office for the third consecutive year.
HKTB was the winner at the Amadeus & WTM Travel Experience Awards for the category Two Hours to Spare on a Business Trip.
HKTB has won two awards in the HSMAI (Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International) Adrian Awards:
- World Class Experiential Marketing / Hong Kong Live at The Grove campaign: Silver Award
- Purchase Process Intercept campaign: Bronze Award
Hong Kong was voted ‘Favourite Business City in the World’ for the third consecutive year in the 2013 Business Traveller China Awards, organised by Business Traveller China magazine.
HKTB employee Arthur Ho was the winner of the Best Smiling Customer Service Trophy Award, as presented by the Hong Kong International Airport, for his courteous and friendly service in the airport’s Visitor Centre.
HKTB scooped a number of awards with our mobile applications:
- Discover Hong Kong．Travel Pack
- Mob-Ex Awards 2013: Gold Award for Best Campaign of Tablet and Silver Award for Best App – Community/Government
- Galaxy Awards 2013: Bronze Award in the Emerging Media/iPad App category for Discover Hong Kong
- Discover Hong Kong．Island Walks
- Mob-Ex Awards 2013: Gold Award: Best App – Community/Government
- Discover Hong Kong．AR Walks Mobile App Series (City, Heritage, Island)
- Marketing Excellence Awards 2013: Silver Award for Excellence in Mobile Marketing
HKTB’s website, DiscoverHongKong.com, has won the following awards:
- Galaxy Awards 2013: Bronze Award in the Websites Re-Launch category
- 2013 WebAwards: Gold Award in General Website Categories – Tourism
- 2013 WebAwards: Silver Award in Website Features - Structure and Navigation
HKTB has won three awards in the 2013 Travel Weekly Magellan Awards:
- World Class Experiential Marketing/Hong Kong Live at The Grove: Gold Award in the Destination Marketing - Advertising/Marketing Campaign category
- Travel/Travel 2: Silver Award in Destination Marketing - Advertising/Marketing Campaign category
- Purchase Process Intercept Program: Silver Award in Destination Marketing - Web Marketing/Advertising category
HKTB’s website, DiscoverHongKong.com, has won the following awards:
- Outstanding Website Award in 2013 WebAwards
- Best in Class Award in 2013 Interactive Media Awards
- Gold Award - General Website Categories – Tourism in W3 Awards
- Silver Award - Website Features - Structure and Navigation in W3 Awards
In the annual readers’ poll organised by Business Traveller Asia Pacific magazine, Hong Kong was voted ‘Best Business City in the World’ and ‘Best Business City in Northeast Asia’ for the fifth and sixth consecutive years respectively.
HKTB’s Facebook page, www.facebook.com/DiscoverHongKong won the PATA Gold Awards 2013 (Pacific Asia Travel Association) in the Marketing Media – Social Media category.
Visa go Hong Kong Super Shopper 2012 received an Honourable Mention for Regional PR Campaign of the Year in the PRWeek Awards Asia 2013.
The HKTB’s Visitor Services Department recently won recognition during an award presentation as part of the Hong Kong International Airport Customer Service Excellence Programme 2012/13. The three awardees were:
- Individual Award - Windy Chiu
- Team Award - Sarah Ho, Sue Man
The HKTB won a number of Astrid Awards in 2013, including:
- 2012 Visa go Hong Kong Super Shopper: Silver Award in the “Campaigns” category
- “Hong Kong Summer Showreels” Campaign: Silver Award in the “Promotion” category
- Annual Report 2011/12: Silver Award in the “Covers – Annual Reports: Special Treatment” category
- PartnerNet Website: Silver Award in the “Websites: Redesign/ Relaunch” category
- Year of the Snake Calendar 2013: Bronze Award in the “Calendar: Tourism” category
- “Discover Hong Kong‧Island Walks” Mobile Application: Honors Award in the “Special Projects: iPhone Application” category
HKTB’s website, DiscoverHongKong.com received the Silver Award in the Government’s Web Accessibility Recognition Scheme.
HKTB’s mobile application Discover Hong Kong • AR Walks Mobile App Series won the Bronze Award in the Green, Healthy & Creative Living category of the Hong Kong ICT Awards 2013.
The HKTB’s Frankfurt office placed second in the “Best National Tourism Office in Asia” category in the Go Asia Awards 2013 organised by Go Asia, Germany’s leading tourism marketing association.
The HKTB’s Seoul office was voted the Best National Tourism Office for the second consecutive year, following a survey conducted by Korea Travel News, a leading travel Asian industry journal.
Hong Kong was recognised as the ‘Best City for Business Events’ in the CEI Industry Awards 2013 organised by CEI Asia Pacific Magazine.
In the 2012 Business Traveller China Awards organised by Business Traveller China magazine, Hong Kong was voted “Favourite Business City in the World” by Mainland travellers.
The Hong Kong Summer Spectacular’s regional digital campaign, Summer Showreels, won a Gold Award for Excellence in Social Media Marketing at the Marketing Excellence Awards 2012 organised by Marketing Magazine.
The HKTB won a number of awards in the Galaxy Awards 2012:
- Great Outdoors Series – Local Favourites: Your Guide to Hong Kong's Outlying Islands and The Inside Guides to Hikes and Walks in Hong Kong: Gold Award in the "Brochures – Special Purpose" category
- 2011 Hong Kong Halloween Treats Minisite: Gold Award in the "Emerging Media – Interactive Brand Campaign" category
- Year of the Dragon Calendar 2012: Gold Award in the "Promotion – Calendar" category
- The Meetings & Exhibitions Hong Kong (MEHK)'s "Lantau Island: An Inspirational MICE Destination" Campaign: Gold Award in the "Promotion – Tourist/Travel Destination Campaign" category; and also Grand Award in the “Best of Promotion” Category
- Hong Kong Summer Showreels Campaign: Bronze Award in the "Emerging Media – Interactive Brand Campaign" category
- 2011 Hong Kong Wine & Dine Month – Outdoor Display: Bronze Award in the "Promotion – Special Project" category
- Asia's World City Destination Image Print Ad Campaign: Honors Award in the "Advertising – Print Campaign" category
- Annual Report 2010/11: Honors Award in the "Design – Annual Reports – Non-Traditional – Asia/Pacific" category
- "Hong Kong Asia's World City" – Consumer Videos: Honors Award in the "Videos & DVDs – Brand Experience" category
The HKTB has successfully clinched two marketing awards in the prestigious 2012 Travel Weekly Magazine Magellan Awards:
- “Quest for Harmony” Integrated Marketing Campaign: Gold Magellan Award in “Destination Marketing Campaign” category
- Travelocity Hong Kong Hotel Tactical Campaign: Silver Magellan Award in “Destination Web Marketing” category
In the annual readers’ poll organised by Business Traveller Asia Pacific magazine, Hong Kong has been voted the “Best Business City in the World” and “Best Business City in Northeast Asia” for four and five consecutive years respectively.
MEHK was a winner of M&C Gold Service Award by Meetings & Conventions magazine.
Hong Kong was voted the “Best FIT Destination of the Year” in the China Travel & Meeting Industry Awards 2012 organised by travel magazine Travel Weekly.
The HKTB’s Visitor Services Department received recognition at the award presentation ceremony of the Hong Kong International Airport Customer Service Excellence Programme 2011/12. The four awardees include:
- Individual Award - Wandy Yik, Arthur Ho
- Team Award - Windy Chiu, Lily Yip
The HKTB has received the following awards in the 2012 ASTRID Awards:
- Hong Kong．Asia’s World City
- Destination Image Print Ad Campaign: Gold award in “Advertisements: Print” category
- Brand Video: Silver award in “Video/DVD: Brand Experience” category
- McDull Family Promotion Pop-Up Book: Grand award for “Best of Self Promotion” and Gold award in “Brochures: Special Purpose” category
- 2011 Hong Kong Halloween Treats Minisite: Bronze award in “Websites: Campaign Site” category
- Annual Report 2010/11: Bronze award in “Annual Reports - Not-for-Profit Organizations” category
- Booth Design for JATA Travel Showcase 2011 : Bronze award in “Special Projects: Exhibit Booth” category
- Discover Hong Kong "City Walks" Mobile Application: Bronze award in “Special Projects: iPhone Application” category
- The HKTB received several Gold Awards at the 2012 Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Gold Awards. The award-winning marketing materials include:
- “2011 Hong Kong Summer Spectacular” mini-site
- “Great Outdoors Hong Kong!” guidebooks
- “Hong Kong．Asia’s World City” brand video and print ad campaign
- The HKTB has won the following awards in the Mercury Excellence Awards 2012:
- 2011 Hong Kong Halloween Treats
- China Viral Promo: Gold award in the “Websites/ Emerging Media: Social Network” category
- Minisite: Silver award in the “Websites/ Emerging Media: Mircosite” category
- McDull Family Promotion
- Pop-up Book: Gold award in the “Custom Publications: Travel/ Tourism” category
- Integrated Marketing Campaign: Silver award in the “Campaigns - Non Profit/Public Affairs: Government Agency” category
- Year of the Rabbit Calendar: Gold award in the “Promotion/Marketing: Calendar” category
- Asia's World City Brand Video: Bronze award in the “Advertising: Television Ads” category
- 2011 Hong Kong Halloween Treats
- In the 2012 Industry Awards organised by CEI Asia Pacific magazine, Hong Kong was named the “Best City for MICE Events”, while the HKTB’s Meetings and Exhibitions Hong Kong (MEHK) took second place for the “Best Convention Bureau” award.
- In a survey conducted by Korea Travel Times, a leading travel trade journal in the market, Hong Kong Tourism Board in Seoul was voted first by travel industry partners in the 'Best National Tourism Office Award'.
Hong Kong was voted by UK and Irish travel agents as the 'Long haul destination of the year for city breaks' in the 'Travel Agents Choice Awards' organised by travel trade magazine Selling Long Haul.
In the 2011 Business Traveller China Awards organised by Business Traveller China magazine, Hong Kong was voted “Favourite Business City in the World” by Mainland travellers.
HKTB won several awards in the 2011 Galaxy Awards, including:
- The Meetings & Exhibitions Hong Kong (MEHK)'s 'The Black Book - A MICE Guide for Hong Kong', Gold Award in the 'Brochures: Non-Profit Organisation' category
- The McDull Family Promotion Pop-up Book, Gold Award in the 'Brochures: Special Purpose' Category
- Booth Design for International Travel Expo 2011, Hong Kong, Gold Award in the 'Design: Trade Show Booth Display' Category
- Discover Hong Kong - AR Mobile Application, Silver Award in the 'Emerging Media: Interactive Brand Campaign' Category
- Year of Rabbit Calendar 2011, Bronze Award in the 'Promotion: Calendar' Category
- Discover Hong Kong - City walks Mobile Application, Honors Award in the 'Promotion: Tourist/Travel Destination Campaign' Category
- MEHK's Success Stories Video, Honors Award in the 'Videos and DVDs: Marketing' Category
In the annual readers’ poll organised by Business Traveller Asia Pacific magazine, Hong Kong has been voted the “Best Business City in the World” and “Best Business City in Northeast Asia” for three and four consecutive years respectively.
The HKTB's Visitor Services Department has won the following Customer Relationship Excellence (CRE) Awards, which are organised by the Asia Pacific Customer Service Consortium:
- Bakky Cheng, assistant manager of Visitor Services received the Customer Service Team Leader of the Year 2010 (Government/Subvented Organization–Contact Center) award
- Emily Wong, officer of Visitor Services was selected as the Customer Service Professional of the Year 2010 (Government/Subvented Organization–Service Center)
Produced by Meetings & Exhibitions Hong Kong (MEHK), The Black Book: A MICE Guide for Hong Kong and 'MEHK Success Stories Video' received the Gold and Silver Awards respectively in the Travel and Tourism category of the 2011 QUESTAR Awards.
The HKTB received a number of awards in the 21st Astrid Awards:
- 'Festive Hong Kong 2010' video, Grand Award in the Video category
- Hong Kong Halloween Treats website & Scream Inception campaign, Grand Award in the Websites category
- “Festive Hong Kong 2010” website, Bronze Award in the “Websites: Campaign Site” category
- “Festive Hong Kong 2010” iPhone Game Series, Bronze Award in the “Special Projects: iPhone Application” category
- McDull's Family Fun Guide to Hong Kong, Honours Award in the “Brochures: Travel / Tourism” category
- McDull's Family Integrated Marketing Campaign, Honours Award in the “Campaigns: Targeted Marketing” category
- Booth Design for PATA Travel Mart 2010, Honours Award in the “Special Projects: Exhibit Booth” category
Hong Kong was voted as one of the Top 10 Worldwide Destinations and Best in Asia in TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice Destinations Awards.
In the award presentation ceremony of the Hong Kong International Airport Customer Service Excellence Programme, Ray Cheung, Arthur Ho and Miki Tung, HKTB's Visitor Services officers at the airport, received recognition for their quality services.
Forbes has selected the Chinese New Year in Hong Kong as one of '10 Best Events of the Year'. The magazine says that the International Chinese New Year Parade, A Symphony of Lights, flower markets and fireworks make the Chinese New Year celebrations in Hong Kong the most impressive in the world.
The microblog designed by the Hong Kong Tourism Board for the Mainland market was selected as one of the best travel-related microblogs in the 2010 Golden Track Sina Travel Awards.
Hong Kong is named one of the 'Top 10 places to spend your Christmas' by CNN.com. Hong Kong's winter ambience, Christmas light displays along both sides of Victoria Harbour and shops that open even during Christmas holidays make it the only Asian city to be included in the list.
- The Food and Wine Year Destination campaign and Live it. Love it! poster series were awarded gold awards in the PATA (Pacific Asia Travel Association) Gold Award 2010.
- Hong Kong was voted No.1 in the 'Best Islands' category of the Readers' Travel Awards 2010 , organised by Condé Nast Traveler. On top of this, Hong Kong also came third in the Best of the Best Top 100 Travel experiences award category.
- For two consecutive years, Hong Kong has been named the 'Best Business City in the World' in the annual readers' poll organised by Business Traveller Asia Pacific – a travel magazine for frequent business travellers in the region. Hong Kong was also voted as the 'Best Business City in Northeast Asia' for the third time in the same poll.
- In a poll run by online travel magazine Smart Travel Asia, Hong Kong was voted the 'Best City for Business in Asia' for the second consecutive year.
- The Experience Hong Kong campaign, organized by the HKTB in celebration of the 60th Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Republic of China, was awarded a silver accolade in The Ninth China Golden Awards for Excellence in Public Relations – Government and Non-Profit Organisations Category by the China International Public Relations Association.
- The Annual Report 2008/09 received the Honour Award in the International ARC Awards, an annual competition honouring excellence in annual reports.
- The Converging Possibilities print and online ad campaign, organised by Meetings & Exhibitions Hong Kong (MEHK), received the Gold Award in the 18th annual International QUESTAR Awards competition.
- The HKTB rolled out a popular interactive video, called the 'The Last 120 Hours of a Geek in Hong Kong', on YouTube to promote Hong Kong WinterFest in 2009. This online campaign won the Excellence Award in Digital Communications organised by the Foundation for Public Relations in Taiwan.
Karen Chan and Ray Cheung, HKTB's Visitor Services officers at the airport, received recognition in the Hong Kong International Airport Customer Service Excellence Programme for their quality services.
Hong Kong Wine and Dine Festival organised by the HKTB, the city's first-ever, large-scale outdoor food and wine event, was listed among the Top 10 International Food and Wine Festivals by Forbes Traveler.
- Hong Kong has been named the 'Best Business City in the World' and 'Best Business City in Northeast Asia' in the annual readers' poll organised by Business Traveller Asia Pacific – the travel magazine for frequent business travellers in the region.
- Hong Kong was named the '2009 Favourite City in the World' in a poll organised by the Business Traveller China.
- In a poll run by online travel magazine Smart Travel Asia in 2009, Hong Kong was voted the 'Best City for Business in Asia' and the 'Best City for Shopping in Asia', and ranked the fourth in the 'Best Holiday Destination in Asia' category.
- The HKTB was awarded Best NGO in the Japan Association of Travel Agents (JATA) Tourism Award 2009.
- The HKTB's Meetings & Exhibitions Hong Kong (MEHK) team won the Platinum Partner Award organised by Incentive Magazine. The award invited over 64,000 planners from the incentive industry to vote for the best travel suppliers based on their quality and degree of professionalism and credibility and promotional support.
The HKTB's marketing initiatives took two honours in the PATA (Pacific Asia Travel Association) Gold Award 2009:
- Enhancement of the complete suite of HKTB consumer publications won the Marketing Media – Consumer Travel Brochure award; and
- Meetings & Exhibitions Hong Kong (MEHK) promotional video gained the Marketing Media – Promotional Travel Video award.
- In the global Online Consumer Survey on Travel and Tourism of the Asia-Pacific region polled out by the CNN International, Hong Kong was voted as the first among the cities in the region in three categories: The Most Vibrant City Life, Best Nightlife and Best Shopping.
The HKTB won seven awards in the 2009 Astrid Awards:
- Online promotional initiatives of the 2008 Halloween Campaign and the Ding Ding Hong Kong Tram Guide online version took the Gold Award and Bronze Award respectively in the Websites: Campaign Sites category;
- Pan-regional Campaign: Hong Kong as a Beijing 2008 Olympic Co-host City TV won the Gold Award in the Advertisements – Television: Campaign Series category;
- Revamped HKTB official website Discoverhongkong.com took Gold Award in the Websites: Non-Profit Organisation category;
- The Hong Kong as Beijing 2008 Olympic Co-host City TV commercial gained Silver Award in the Advertisements – Television: Non-Profit Organisation category;
- Meetings & Exhibitions Hong Kong (MEHK) promotional video won Silver Award in the Video/DVD: Non-Profit Organisation category; and
- The Year of the OX Calendar produced by the HKTB to celebrate the Chinese New Year in 2009 took an Honour Award in the Calendars: Other/Misc category.
- HKTB offices in the Mainland were honoured by the travel trade magazine TTG China as Best Overseas NTO in China.
- In the Go Asia Award 2009, which is organised by d German marketing association Go Asia, HKTB Frankfurt office was honoured with third of the Best Tourism Boards in Germany.
- The Star Ferry was rated first in the Top 10 Most Exciting Ferry Rides in the World poll organised by the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW), the world's largest organisation of professional travel journalists and photographers.
- Hong Kong was voted the Best City for Business in Asia-Pacific in the 4th Reader Choice Awards organised by DestinAsian – a high-end travel and lifestyle magazine in the Asia-Pacific region.
Chan Wai Wun and Wong Sze Ki of HKTB, who are responsible for providing visitor services at the airport, have received recognition in the Hong Kong International Airport Quality Customer Service programme 2008.
- In the 6th annual Readers Choice Awards organised by Travel Weekly, Hong Kong was selected as the Best City – Asia Pacific.
- Hong Kong clinched several awards in Mainland China:
- Best Destination (Business Travel) in the Travel Weekly China Awards 2008
- Favorite City in the World in the Business Traveller China Awards 2008
- Top Destination for Long Weekend in the World Traveller Awards 2008
- The Korean version of HKTB's official website Discoverhongkong.com was named the 'The Most Powerful Website of National Tourism Organisations (NTOs) in South Korea' by the country's longstanding and best-selling travel newspaper, The Korea Travel Times. The paper rolled out an online survey from January to September 2008 to select the winning NTO website based on the frequency of search made by consumers on various web portals.
- The HKTB won a number of awards in the Galaxy Awards 2008, including:
- The 50 Years of Tourism: Creating Milestones Together campaign took away the Gold Award in the Public Relations – Other/Misc category.
- The 2007 Best of the Best Culinary Guide won the Silver Award in the Brochures – Consumer Education category.
- The Hong Kong Reality Channel on YouTube gained the Silver Award in the Website – Other/Misc category.
- The Hong Kong WinterFest Online campaign dedicated to the Mainland China market won the Silver Award in the Website – Community Awareness category.
- The Pan-Regional Campaign: Hong Kong 2008 Olympic Co-host City gained the Honors Award in the Advertising – TV/Campaign category.
- Following the award in 2007, the HKTB office in The Americas was once again voted the Best Pacific Asia Tourism Bureau by readers of the American magazine Agent@home.
- In the 2008 Readers' Choice poll organised by Condé Nast Traveler, Hong Kong was voted the third top Asian city.
- Hong Kong has been voted the Best Business City in Northeast Asia in the annual readers' poll organised by Business Traveller Asia Pacific – the travel magazine for frequent business travellers in the region.
- HKTB won a Silver Award for its Living Culture campaign in the Destination Marketing – Advertising/Marketing Campaign category of the 2008 Magellan Awards, making it the only Asian tourism board to be included in the 'Oscars of the American travel industry'.
- The Australian office of HKTB has earned the laurel of the Best Tourist Office – International, in the National Travel Industry Awards organised by the Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA).
- Hong Kong has been voted by South Koreans as Asia Pacific's Best Sightseeing City in the inaugural Seoul Tourism Awards 2008. Additionally, the HKTB's DiscoverHongKong.com website has also been chosen by the region's tourism professionals as Asia Pacific's Best City Tourism Website.
The HKTB won one gold and three silver awards in the 2008 Astrid Awards:
- 2007 Best of the Best Culinary Guide won the Gold Award in the Custom Publications – Produced for Non-Profit Organisations category.
- The TV advertisement 'Hong Kong – Live it, Love it!' gained the Silver Award in the Advertisements – Television category.
- The Hong Kong – Live it, Love it! print campaign gained the Silver Award in the Advertisements – Print: Campaigns category.
- The My 1997 and 2007 music video featuring Mainland singer Ai Jing won the Silver Award in the Video/DVD: Produced for Non-Profit Organisations category.
The HKTB won two awards in the Golden City Gate Films and Creative Advertising Awards:
- Live Love Print Campaign – Advertisements took the Silver Prize in the Print Campaigns category.
- Roll & Action – Discover Hong Kong Integrated Marketing Campaign won Special Prize in the City Tourism category.
- The HKTB won a Bronze Award in the Best Overseas Convention Bureau category organised by the UK's Meetings & Incentive Travel Magazine.
- In the yearly Best Cruise Destinations poll of British cruise magazine Dream World Cruise Destinations, Hong Kong was voted among others in the Best Destination Experience – Independent Sightseeing and Best Turnaround Destination sections.
- Hong Kong has won the Best MICE (Meeting, Incentive, Convention & Exhibition) City Award in the 2008 Industry Awards organised by CEI Asia Pacific Magazine. The HKTB was also voted one of the best tourism organisations providing support services for convention and tourism.
- A special programme jointly produced by the HKTB and CBS Broadcasting Inc (CBS) has bagged the Silver Award (Feature Placement – Television) at the 51st round of HSMAI (Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International) Adrian Awards 2007. All Access Hong Kong, the award-winning programme, was aired on CBS' The Early Show on 9 and 14 March 2007.
- The HKTB office in the Americas has been lauded as the 'Best Pacific Asia Tourism Bureau' by US magazine Agent@home.
- The HKTB UK office was voted Best Asia/Pacific Tourist Board in the British Travel Awards 2007.
- Hong Kong was voted Favourite Overseas City for the second year in a row in the UK's Guardian, Observer and Guardian Unlimited Travel Awards.
The HKTB took a number of awards in the 2007 Galaxy Award:
- Roll… & Action! – Discover Hong Kong integrated marketing campaign got the Honors Award in the Promotion – Tourist/Travel Destination Campaign category.
- DiscoverHongKong.com e-invites design campaign won the Honors Award in the Website – Non Profit Organisation category.
- Hong Kong – Through the Eyes of Celebrities special TV programme gained a Bronze Award in the Promotion – Other/Misc category.
- During the 2007 US International Film and Video Festival, the 2006 Discover Hong Kong Year 'Moments of Discovery' TV commercial won 1st place in the Corporate – Business, Government, Contracted – Travel, Tourism category of the Gold Camera Awards.
- Hong Kong beat London and New York for the title of 'Best Business City', and was ranked the third-best tourism destination in the Global Traveler Awards.
- In the Lonely Planet Bluelist 2007, Hong Kong's Chinese New Year celebrations were ranked as Best Value Entertainment Around the World.