Best Of All It's In Hong Kong

Visa Information

Australian nationals whose passports have at least six months validity can enter Hong Kong for a period of up to three months without a visa. Those who wish to stay longer must apply for a visa from a Chinese Consulate at least six to eight weeks prior to departure. Applications can be addressed to either the Chinese Embassy or Consulate offices.

Embassy of the People's Republic of China
15 Coronation Drive
Yarralumla ACT 2600
Tel: +61 2 6273 4780
Fax: +61 2 6273 5848
39 Dunblane Street
Camperdown NSW 2050
Tel: +612 8595 8002 / +612 8595 8000
Fax: + 612 8595 8021

534 Toorak Road
Toorak VIC 3142
Tel: +613 9822 0604
Fax: +613 9824 6340
45 Brown Street,
East Perth, WA 6004
Perth WA 6000
Tel: +618 9222 0333
Fax: +618 9221 6144
Level 9, 79 Adelaide Street,
Brisbane, QLD 4000
Tel: +617 3210 6509
Fax: +617 3210 6517

Please check with the Chinese Consulate office about visa entry requirements if you hold an alternative passport from the Australian passport.

Visitors are required to have adequate funds to cover the duration of their stay without working and, unless in transit to mainland China or the Macau Special Administrative Region (SAR), to hold onward or return tickets.

Visitors are not allowed by law to take up employment (paid or unpaid), to establish or join in any business, or to enter school as a student, nor, except in the most unusual circumstances, are they allowed to change their immigration status after arrival.

Visas for mainland China can be obtained at the Chinese Consulate offices above or in Hong Kong. They require one photo and usually take five working days to process. Visas can be obtained through the Consulate Department, Office of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China in Hong Kong and China Travel Service (HK) Ltd.

For further information please visit the Hong Kong Immigration Department website.